What payment method can I use?
What currencies can I pay in for my subscription?
When will I be charged for my ESL Brains subscription plan?
You’ll be charged for your subscription at the moment you subscribe. Next payment depends on the subscription type you’ve selected. For monthly subscriptions, you’ll be charged each month on the day you initially started, that is if you subscribed on Jan 4, then the next payment is on Feb 4, then Mar 4, and so on. Selecting the annual subscription plan means that the next charge will happen exactly after 1 year.
You can see your next charge date in the Subscription tab.
Account and subscription
How can I cancel my ESL Brains subscription plan?
How can I switch from a paid subscription plan (Premium/Unlimited) to a free plan (Basic)?
How can I change (upgrade or downgrade) my subscription plan if I paid using credit card?
Go to the Subscription tab on your Account page and click Change subscription. You’ll land on our Pricing page where you’ll have to select a new subscription plan. Follow the checkout steps to confirm the change.
When you upgrade, the recurring payment date will remain the same but you’ll be charged the difference between the subscriptions. For example, you subscribed to the PREMIUM ($6) plan on Jan 3. On Jan 13, you want to upgrade to the UNLIMITED ($12) plan. As your next payment date is on Feb 3, the difference that you’ll pay when you upgrade is counted proportionally for the remaining 20 days of the subscription period. In this case, that would be $4. Then, when the next subscription period starts (in this case on Feb 3), you’ll be charged a full monthly subscription plan fee for the next period.
When you downgrade, you’ll just need to confirm the downgrade in the checkout. You’ll have access to the materials from the UNLIMITED plan until the next payment date and then be switched to a lower plan, i.e. the PREMIUM plan starting from the next subscription period. For example, you subscribed for the monthly UNLIMITED ($12) plan on Jan 14. After 2 weeks you decide to switch to the PREMIUM ($6) plan. Since you’ve already paid for full monthly access, you will still have access to the UNLIMITED plan content until Feb 14 and on that day, you’ll be switched to the PREMIUM plan and get charged $6.
If you change from a monthly to annual plan, your annual plan will start from the beginning of the next renewal period. For example, you subscribed for the UNLIMITED ($12) plan on Feb 5, then on Feb 20 you decided to change to an annual UNLIMITED plan. You will then stay on the monthly plan until the end of your current monthly period, i.e. Mar 5 in this case and then on Mar 5, your account will be charged for the annual plan and you’ll be switched to the yearly plan you selected.
How can I change (upgrade or downgrade) my subscription plan if I paid using PayPal?
Upgrading automatically is unavailable at this moment for users who pay with PayPal. If you want to upgrade to Unlimited Monthly or any Annual plans, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the same email address as the one connected with your ESL Brains account.
In terms of downgrading, please wait until the last day of your subscription, cancel it and then set up a new (lower) subscription you want to keep.
I have a subscription plan but the content is still locked?
Please follow the points below to exclude the most common scenarios:
- Check whether you’re logged in (logged in users see their name + avatar in the top-right corner). If you’re not logged in, then please log in with the account you used for subscribing.
- If you’re logged in, check whether you have an active subscription. Go to the Subscription tab and see whether the subscription status is Active.
- If you can’t see any subscriptions in the Subscription tab, it is quite likely that you’ve logged in with a wrong account. This happens sometimes when you created your account first using just your email address and then the second time you log in using Google or Facebook (and your Google/Facebook emails are different than the one you used for ESL Brains account). This way you create the second account and the second account doesn’t have a subscription so the content is locked. If that’s the case, you need to log out and log in with the proper account – if you don’t remember your username/email address used for registration, please check your mailbox for an email from ESL Brains titled Your ESL Brains account has been created!
- Check whether you have an appropriate subscription for a given lesson. Remember that the PREMIUM subscription plan does not unlock all the lesson plans!
If none of the above helped or you have a subscription with the status On-Hold or Pending-Cancellation, please write to us at email@example.com and we will look into it.
Where do I find invoices for my subscription payments?
How can I change billing details on my invoices?
You can update your billing details so that next invoice will include your new details, however, updating your billing details will not change the data on the invoices that have already been issued. To change your billing details:
- Go to the Account Details tab in the My Account page.
- Scroll down to the Billing address section
- Click Edit.
- Make changes in your data and click Save address.
How can I delete my account?
Can I share my account with my fellow teacher?
No, that’s against our policy. Our subscriptions are offered on an individual basis. As stated in the Terms and Conditions, sharing your account with anybody is prohibited and doing so may result in instant account suspension without any right to refund.
If you’re interested in getting an account for your school or institution, contact us via the contact form.
How can I edit an e-lesson plan?
You can get your own editable copy of an e-lesson plan and make changes to it. To do so, either (1) make a copy of it on your Google Drive (preferable method) or (2) download it in a Powerpoint format (but formatting might be a bit off so we can’t guarantee that it will work well).
How to do that:
- Click File > Make a copy > Entire presentation
- Click File > Download > Microsoft Powerpoint
We allow you to edit our e-lesson plans to adapt them to your needs as long as you don’t make substantial changes and do not remove, hide or change the logo on our slides. The same applies to our printable format (PDFs). Note that we don’t make our lessons available in .doc format.
What we certainly don’t want you to do is to edit our lesson plans so that it’s not clear we created them or to use our logo or format for your own lessons without our consent.
Why is a lesson that used to be open unavailable now?
Can I download the videos?
Most of the videos we use are available on YouTube. Downloading content from there is a breach of YouTube’s terms and conditions.
Are there transcripts available for the videos?
We don’t publish video transcripts on ESL Brains but it’s possible to get most of them on YouTube or TED.com. Please keep in mind that the vast majority of YouTube transcripts are generated automatically so their quality is not perfect.
- Open a YouTube video.
- Click the More Options (…) button at the bottom of the video.
- Select Open Transcript from the drop-down menu.
- Copy and paste all the lines of text that appear to an editor of your choice to have a complete transcript that you can use. To remove the timestamps, click the More Options (…) icon and select Toggle Timestamp.
- Open a TED Talk video.
- Click the Transcript link under the video player.
- Copy and paste all the lines of text that appear to an editor of your choice to have a complete transcript that you can use.