Questions you ask and answers you need
ESL Brains subscription via Patreon
- Go to the ESL Brains Sign Up page.
- Scroll to the Patreon Tiers section.
- Select the Tier you want and click the Sign Up Now button.
- Create your account on Patreon by providing your email or using your Google/Facebook credentials.
- Select your country of residence.
- Enter your credit card details or use PayPal account to subscribe and confirm by clicking the button. You may also want to see the description of the tier you select or change it under the Summary section.
- When the payment for the subscription is processed, you will be asked to connect your Patreon account with ESL Brains. Click the Allow button to do so and log in to ESL Brains.
- After clicking Allow, you’ll be redirected to ESL Brains and logged in with your Patreon account. Now, all content for your Tier will be unlocked. To check if you’re logged in, look for a bar and your avatar on the top of the page:
Besides our endless gratitude and appreciation, we also offer certain benefits to our Patrons. In a nutshell, the 5$ Tier (Beta-Teachers) gets you all the extra worksheets added to our lessons plans (40+ materials) + 30+ E-Lesson Plans, a format designed for teaching online, while the $10 Tier (Content Maniacs) additionally gives you access to the Flipped Classroom section (25+ worksheets, incl. 20+ in the E-Lesson Plan format). That’s, in total, over 65 extra Patreon-exclusive materials. See the image below for full list of benefits.
If at any time you decide that you don’t want to continue being our Patron, all you need to do is cancel the membership on Patreon. Remember, you will still have access to premium content until the end of the month.
Follow the steps below to cancel your membership:
- Go to Patreon.com and log in.
- Click your avatar in the top-right corner and select Manage memberships.
- Click Edit next to ESL Brains pledge in the Active memberships tab.
- On the next page, click Edit or Cancel Payment.
- In the pop-up window, select Cancel your payment and confirm by clicking the cancel your payment button.
See full instructions with screenshots on Patreon help article Cancel my membership.
- Go to any lesson post with $10 content. For example, How to master working from home and scroll to the materials where you will see this:
- Click the button and this will send you to Patreon.
- If you are already logged in on Patreon, you will end up on a payment site where you just need to confirm the change to $10 Tier. You will be then charged only the difference for this month (i.e. the additional $5) and then $10 on the beginning of each month.
- If you’re not logged in Patreon, click the button I’ve highlighted below and enter the login details you used when creating your Patreon / ESL Brains account.
- After this, you will be sent back to ESL Brains and have the content unlocked.
Okay, that should not be happening, but don’t worry we’re here to help you fix that. Go through the checklist below and if nothing helps, email us at email@example.com (attach a few screenshots of any errors you see as it will help us speed up troubleshooting)
- Ensure you’re logged in. You know you’re logged in when you see the top bar and an avatar:
- Use the same email for logging in as the one you used for subscribing.
- Check whether you used the right Patreon account for logging into ESL Brains. Go to Patreon, log in with the same email and password and check whether ESL Brains is under the Supporting section on your Patreon account page.
- If you’ve just signed up or it’s the beginning of a month, check whether your payment hasn’t been declined. Read Patreon help article My Payment declined for more information.
Using content by ESL Brains
To edit any E-Lesson Plan, you need to either make a (1) copy of it on your Google Drive (preferable method) or (2) download it in the Powerpoint format (but formatting might be a bit off).
To get editable copy of e-lesson plan:
1. Click File > Make a copy > Entire presentation
2. Click File > Download > Microsoft Powerpoint
Still need help?
We’re always very happy to get messages from you!
So if you have any questions, ideas, suggestions, or problems that need to be solved, just get in touch!